New year's eve gala event at the Kempinski Hotel Giardino di Costanza: a magical new year's eve with “La Traviata”
Tra voi saprò dividere / Il tempo mio giocondo; / Tutto è follia nel mondo / Ciò che non è piacer. / Godiam, fugace e rapido / E' il gaudio dell'amore; / E' un fior che nasce e muore, / Né più si può goder. / Godiam c'invita un fervido / Accento lusinghier.
New Year's Eve 2008 at the Kempinski Hotel Giardino di Costanza is sure to be an unforgetable event!
Cascades of white flowers, the perfume of lilies, the luxiuous ambiance of merletti all beautifully lit by candlelight. Feel the swirling and twirling of the waltz, take in the power of the opera singers and the actors in an 19th century atmosphere transporting you to the opulent world of turn-of-the-century Paris. Imagine being together with Violetta and Alfredo, being part of Giuseppe Verdi's La Traviata.
Libiam ne' lieti calici / Che la bellezza infiora, / E la fuggevol ora / S'inebri a voluttà'. / Libiam ne' dolci fremiti / Che suscita l'amore, / Poiché quell'occhio al core / Onnipotente va. / Libiamo, amor fra i calici / Più caldi baci avrà.
Among the singers (the soprano Katia Ilardo as Violetta and the tenor Giulio Pelligra as Alfredo), there will also be dancers, actors, musicians all performing in an 19th cenury opera setting. Carla Favata's Dance Works will take you to the wonderful, luxurious world of the Verdi epoch, making the characters come alive with the music of "La Traviata". During the course of the evening, you will hear the most famous arias of all operas such as "Amami, Alfredo", "Croce e delizia", "Parigi o cara", "Dei miei bollenti spiriti...." and "Un di felice eterea...". Then at the strike of midnight you can toast the New Year in together with Alfredo and his "Libiamo nel lieti calici...."
- a welcome aperatif in the hotel lobby where the actors will join you as you listen to Giuseppe Verdi in the background;
- following the welcome drink, the actress, Katiuska Falbo, will open the evening with a presentation of "Grand New Year's Eve Gala - La Traviata", telling the intriguing and sad story of Margherita Gautier, La Dame Aux Camélias;
- the special gala dinner will be served in the magnificent Gala Hall adorned with candelabres and cascasdes of white flowers
- the artists will perform pieces taken from 19th century operas: the most famous arias of "La Traviata", accompanied by the ballet dancers of the "Dance Works" Ballet Company;
- finally, your inclusion in the evenings performance will truly be total as you dance to the grand finale of the New Year's Gala Evening and welcome in 2008 with a toast.
There will also be a "magical" programme for the "younger" guests. On Dec. 29, 30 and 31 elves and fairies will grace the afternoons with their exhilirating Christmas dances and sketches to the delight of the children.